The 5th International Conference on Information Technology Research (ICITR 2020) will be held December 2-4, 2020 at the University of Moratuwa, Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. The purpose of ICITR conference is to promote research in ICT and scientific exchange among researchers and scholars and engineers. ICITR 2020 will have a diverse technical tracks, student abstracts, invited speakers and workshops, all are selected according to the highest reviewing standards. ICITR 2020 welcomes submissions on diversified areas in latest communications advancements worldwide. This conference is designed to maximize the feasibility and satisfaction of participants at all levels.
The authors are invited to submit their papers to ICITR 2020. Full paper submissions will go through a blind review process to check for originality, scientific quality, fitness/significance, novelty, completeness, consistency and presentation. The conference proceedings will be submitted to the IEEE Xplore® digital library.
News and Updates
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ICITR 2020 will be held as an ONLINE EVENT, limiting the physical attendance. Further information will be posted on this website when available.
All the papers submitted to ICITR 2020 will be checked for the similarity score against local and international repositories. Please note that the overall similarity score of a paper should not exceed 25 percent. If a paper exceeds the similarity score of 25 percent, the paper will be rejected without any further considerations.
Important Dates for Authors
Full Paper Submission
Electronic submission in PDF format is required. Papers must be formatted in IEEE two-column, camera-ready style; according to the IEEE standard. Papers must be in trouble-free, high-resolution PDF format, formatted for A4 paper, using Type 1 or TrueType fonts. IEEE submissions are anonymous for double-blind review. Please be sure to manually remove all author and affiliation information from your submission for review, or replace it with other information, such as paper number and keywords). Submissions may have up to 6 pages. Authors may purchase up to two additional pages in the proceedings. Papers exceeding the specified length and formatting requirements are subject to rejection without review. The last page of final papers may contain text other than references, but all references in the submitted paper should appear in the final version, unless superseded.
The final submission must include the following: title; the primary author’s full name, affiliation, phone number /URL (if available), and e-mail address; all coauthors’ full names and affiliations; text; and any figures, tables, or diagrams. Note that all papers accepted for publication must be original and must not violate the Publication Ethics and Malpractices published by IEEE.
The IEEE copyright block is hard-coded into the paper templates to retain proper spacing, and cannot be removed. It is not considered binding until a paper is accepted and a signed copyright form is submitted by the author.
Electronic paper submission through the ICITR-2020 paper submission site is required on or before the deadlines listed above. There will be no individual exceptions.
If you experience any technical problems with the CMT site, please contact the ICITR 2020 Conference Chair Sagara Sumathipala, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
30th September 2020:25th October 2020: Full Paper Submission Deadline
30th October 2020:15th November 2020: Notification of Acceptance of full papers
10th November 2020:18th November 2020: Camera-ready Submission
- 2nd to 4th December 2020: Conference
As creators of the work, authors have a number of responsibilities when submitting their paper or manuscript to ICITR. They must warrant:
- That the papers they submit are their own original work
- That no portion of their paper (including, but not limited to, graphics and figures) has been previously published unless written consent from the previous publisher have been obtained prior to submission
- That the paper is not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
- That the authors listed on the paper accurately reflect those persons who actually did the work and contributed to the paper in a meaningful way
- That they have identified and acknowledged all sources used in the creation of their paper or manuscript, including any graphics, images, tables, and figures, and also including any persons who do not meet the criteria for authorship
Blind Review Instructions
Reviewing for the ICITR Conference is blind to the identities of the authors. The first page, on which the paper body begins, should include the title, abstract, content areas, and ID number (if available), but not names or affiliations of the authors. The references should include all published literature relevant to the paper. Acknowledgments of funding or assistance should also be omitted. Submissions should not contain pointers to supplemental material on the web.
When referring to one’s own work, use the third person, rather than the first person. For example, say “Previously, Newell (1996) showed that…,” rather than “In our previous work (Newell 1996) we showed that…” Try to avoid including any information that would identify the authors or their affiliations. Such information may be added to the final camera-ready version for publication.
For papers that are accepted for review, Program Committee (PC) members will be matched to submissions based on research expertise and interest. Authors will have a limited opportunity to respond to initial reviews. This author feedback will then be taken into account in the final recommendations and reviews may be changed accordingly. Program chairs will make all final decisions during the process.
Accepted papers will be allocated six (6) pages in the conference proceedings; up to two (2) additional pages may be used at a cost to the authors of Rs. 2000/= per page. Final papers found to exceed page limits and or otherwise violating the instructions to authors will not be included in the proceedings. Authors will be required to transfer copyright of their paper to ICITR. Accepted papers will be available via the online schedule at the conference. The published archival versions of the papers will be made available in the IEEE Xplorer, ICITR Digital Library and in hard copy after the conference.
Preparing Camera Ready Paper
- Please edit your manuscript by incorporating all reviewers' comments and use IEEE conference paper format.
- Please note that organizers reserve the right to reject your paper if you don't modify your paper accordingly.
- The final camera-ready paper submission must be limited to 6 pages.
- It is strictly required to IEEE format and referencing style. The latest IEEE template could be found at:
- The papers which do not follow IEEE template will not be accepted by IEEE Xplore and cannot be published.
- Please DO NOT include page numbers in the final manuscript submission.
Using IEEE PDF eXpress
Go to PDFeXpress® website (https://ieee-pdf-express.org), and:
- Create a IEEE PDFeXpress® account, entering basic contact information; gets confirmation of account creation email.
- 51448X for the Conference ID
- your email address
- a password
IEEE Copyright Form
Authors of accepted paper(s) must submit completed copyright form(s) along with the final manuscript submission. Papers submitted without copyright form will not be published.
Camera Ready Paper Submission
Submit the IEEE PDF compliant camera ready paper to EasyChair CMS or email to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org along with scanned copy of the duly completed copyright form. Deadline for the camera ready paper submission is 23.59 hours IST of November 18th , 2020.
Conference Registration and Attendance
At least one author is required to register for the conference to present the paper, and we encourage all authors to attend if possible.
Questions and Suggestions
Concerning author instructions and conference registration, write to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . Concerning suggestions for the program and other inquiries, write to the ICITR-20 Program chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
ICITR-2020 welcomes submissions reporting research that advances ICT, broadly conceived. The conference scope includes all subareas of ICT. These include (but are not limited) to traditional topics such as Web intelligence and Interaction, Network Mobility Management, Satellite and Optical Communication, Embedded Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Fuzzy Systems, Multi-Agent Systems, Robotics, etc.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Cellular Networks
- Geographic information systems
- Cloud Networking
- Intrusion Detection
- Database security
- Privacy and data protection
- Cloud Computing
- Quantum Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Fuzzy Systems
- Intelligent Systems
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Machine Learning
- Mathematical Models
- Medical Informatics
- Modeling and Simulation
- Reinforcement Learning
- Virtual Reality
- Psychology of Buying
- Consumer Solution Designing
- Consumer Neuroscience
- Attention and Stimulus Processing
- Social Behavioral Modeling
- Cognitive Mechanisms of Decision Making
- Multidisciplinary Research
- Internet of Things
- Smart Cities
- Assistive Technologies
- Affective computing
- Embedded Systems
- Mobile and wireless security
- Biometric security
- Grid Computing
- High Performance Computing
- Parallel Computing
- Distributed Computing
- Multimedia Systems and Services
- Human-centric Computing
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Bioinformatics and Bio-Inspired Computing
- Bayesian Networks
- Decision Making and Risk Management
- Evolutionary Computing
- Semantic Web
- Social Cognition
- Social Neuroscience
- Psycholinguistics and Language Processing
- Psychology of Gaming
- Behavioral Genetics
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ICITR2020 will be held as an ONLINE event, without physical attendance. Further information will be posted on this website when available.
Conference Registration Details
At least one of the authors must pay the registration fee for a accepted paper.
Each participant is required to pay an the registration fee. A copy of a valid proof (e.g. an official membership certificate and/or a valid student ID) should be submited for member and/or student registration. Otherwise, the non-member fee must be paid.
Registration fees will not be returned for any reasons after Early Registration deadline. Any paper without Early Registration and the payment will not be included in the proceedings.
One Regular or Student registration covers only one paper. Any paper not covered by any registration will be removed from the proceedings. There will be no further consideration for database indexing and post-conference proceedings.
- The payments could be made using one of the following options:
- Option 1: To Shroff counter of the University of Moratuwa. Counter is open on weekdays from 9.00 am - 12.30 pm and 1.30 pm - 3.00 pm.
- Option 2: You may also pay to any Bank of Ceylon branch. Use following details:
- A/C No – 70993353
- Swift code of BOC - BCEYLKLX
- A/C Name – University of Moratuwa
- Branch – Katubedda
- Clearly indicate your Name and Telephone number. Use “ICITR 2020” as reason/memo for payment.
- Please click HERE to proceed with your registration.